Lower respiratory tract infection hospitalisations in 0–4 year olds returned to pre-COVID-19 levels in 2021
We have published the latest results from our Lower Respiratory Tract Infections (LRTI) factsheet.
Here are the main findings:
- The number of LRTI hospitalisations in 0–4 year olds returned to pre-COVID-19 levels in 2021.
- The winter LRTI hospitalisation peak was higher than usual in 2021.
- Pacific children had nearly twice the rate of LRTI hospitalisation as European/Other children in 2021.
- Children living in the most deprived areas (NZDep2018 quintile 5) had twice the rate of LRTI hospitalisation as children living in the least deprived areas (quintile 1).
- Children living in urban areas had higher rates of LRTI hospitalisation than children in rural areas.
Read the full factsheet here: LRTI hospitalisations in children aged 0–4 years