Occupational Disease Surveillance Report, 2000-2014 (May 2016)
Occupational Disease Surveillance Report, 2000-2013 (Jan 2015)
Datasets included in the surveillance system
The surveillance system includes the following datasets:
- deaths (New Zealand Mortality Collection)
- hospital discharges (National Minimum Dataset)
- cancer registrations and deaths (New Zealand Cancer Registry)
- pharmaceuticals (Pharmaceutical Collection)
We can link the data, based on the unique National Health Index (NHI). Other datasets will be added as they become available.
Example of how the system can be used
An example of how we have used the occupational disease surveillance system:
- determining the hospitalisation, mortality and cancer histories for people who have received drugs to treat dermatitis and asthma
For more information
If you have a question that could be answered using our Occupational Disease Surveillance System, contact us.
The occupational surveillance system was established under a partnership grant from the Health Research Council and the Department of Labour.