1.1 Datasets and sources
The full range and detail of these data sets and their data sources are stored in a spreadsheet that includes the following fields:
- Environmental exposure data
- Health outcomes data
- Population denominator data
- Geographic Information System (GIS) data
- request from the source (with a signed agreement), or
- download from online portals or websites, or
- information collated from published reports
|Format (file type)
- SAS dataset, or
- Excel spreadsheet, or
- CSV file, or
- text file, or
- shapefile, geodatabase, raster, or web layers and services
- unit record level (ie, per person/event with a unique identifier), or
- summarised output (ie, counts or rates)
||Mostly annual, but this can vary
||File path to where the raw data is stored
1.2 Privacy and security
It is critical that all members of the EHINZ team ensure the privacy and security of the data we acquire and output.
For data with unit record level information, we will usually have a signed agreement with the source agency about the data’s privacy and security. The associated electronic folder(s) storing the data may be password protected with access restricted to specific members of the EHINZ team.
Please note, we do not share unit record level data outside the EHINZ team, as per our signed agreement with the source agency when requested.
For more information about the EHINZ security procedures please refer to A Quick Tour of the Health Information Privacy Code rules document from https://www.privacy.org.nz/privacy-act-2020/codes-of-practice/hipc2020/